First of all.. Let me say... You woke up in the happiest mood this morning
I can't possibly even explain what this past year has been like. I'm sure no mother really can describe their first year as a mother. So many things have happened in the past year. Most of them have been great. Now I believe whole heartedly that the saying is ture.... Having a child will change your life. Change your life it does.
I can't even imagine my life anymore before you were born. Jessica you are truely the center of my entire life. A part of me I just can't live without. Almost every day you are learning something new that just makes me smile. At random intervals of my day I think of you and wonder what you are doing at that exact moment or what kinds of things you dream about.
I have been very bad about documenting your milestones each month.... So I intend on doing better from here on out... LOL (Yeah right)
Here are some of the things you can do already...sleep through the night....roll over.... sit up....stand up...walk....stand up with out holding on to things....wave bye-bye (when you want to)....say a very unique Maaammmaaa and daaaddaa....love to eat anything you can stick in your mouth... ummm what else... oh you know how to flip light switches... .how to find ducky... crawl under baby gates that are supposed to give the dogs some privacy.... climb steps... come back down steps..... drink from a sippy cup..... gave up bottles....climb down from our bed...point...push buttons...let the dogs out of their kennels... climb up chairs
Things I love about you: I love baby hugs/snuggles..... I love to hold you and rock/cuddle when you will let me (not to often) ... listen to your wonderful laugh....seeing you smile....hearing you desperately try to tell me and daddy something.... the way you try so hard to do something (like taking every piece of clothing out of the clothes basket before I can put them away)...how you figure things out so quickly....how you want every thing to be closed....every door you see MUST be closed or your not happy.... the way you enjoy spending time with your daddy.... the way you can't decide who you want to hold you daddy or mommy so you switch back and forth a zillion times.... the passion you have for food...every meal is as though we have never before fed you and will obviously never feed you again (so shove it all in your mouth at once)... the way you have learned to play with Dazy and Sara... the way you sneak a reach on the lap top (you know mommy and daddy won't notice if you just press the ESC key a zillion times)....your determination....how peaceful you are when you sleep
Things I don't love as much about you: STINKY DIAPERS...Cranky yelling in the car
Birthday Dinner
We went to Longhorn for your birthday.
Here is your first Kiddie Cocktail... Yummm
Brocoli is interesting
Grandma also let you open up a birthday present... You got a Care Bear... "Birthday Bear" (which of course was Mommy's)
Cake

Friday, September 23, 2005
Wow..... How can it be 1 year already
Posted by Amy on 9/23/2005

